Guest Blog: Aliyah Morphis
This is from my 10 year old step grand-daughter:
"I Have A Dream
I have a dream that one day when I wake up I won't have to worry about
people wanting to go back and forth from California to Mexico, people
without food and homes and children getting abused. I also wish that I
could help with the Tsunami. I wish that people could go to couciling (sic)
for their anger problems so that they didn't take it out on their children.
I also wished that I could donate lots and lots more food and clothes than
I already am (sic) for the people that were in the Tsunami and people who
just don't have food. My most important dream is that we
wouldn't have to go into war again. My last dream is that everybody could
just be happy. Those are my dreams for America."
If a ten year old can get it, why can't the so called leader of the free
world?
2 Comments:
Aliyah
I am so touched by the clarity of your thoughts and the depth of your emotions. You are a little person with a BIG heart,BIG dreams and BIG ethics. It is so refreshing to read your insightful words and notice your wishes are directed outwardly...you care about others deeply.
I am so pleased to be an honorary member of the family because I take great pride in knowing you and learning how strongly you feel about peace be it within families or countries. I join with you in this dream.
Sometimes big issues, like a war,can become overwhelming and we don't know where to start to make things happy or peaceful. I like saying everyday, "PEACE IS THE WAY" which is a new book written by Depok Chopra. Consider being a "peace cell;" it's a movement that many others are instituting. As one person we can promise ourselves that we can make a difference by speaking peacefully/respectfully, acting peacefully toward ourselves and others, writing stories that can be submitted for others (kids and adults) to get an idea 'how to do it' and then go to sleep with peaceful happy thoughts.
With this well-written essay, you're well on your way Ms. Aliyah Morphis!
Aliyah, you are an inspiration to us all! I take great pride (and relief!) in knowing that young leaders, like you, will not be silenced. Continue to write! Your thoughts and actions are those born of revolutionaries, who motivate others to change. And that is my hope for America!
Post a Comment
<< Home